TumbleTally is available for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad devices that are running iOS 7 or later. If your device is running an older version of iOS, then apps that require iOS 7 or iOS 8 do not appear in your AppStore. If possible, upgrade your device to iOS 8.
*** Note: data shared from an iOS device can only be shared with another iOS device, not with Android devices.
First the other person needs to email their database to you by following these steps:
1. In TumbleTally, go to the menu, and select “My Data”.
2. Select the database to export (there will usually only be one, called “My Data”, unless they have imported other databases).
3. Tap the “share” button in the lower left corner. It’s a square with an arrow pointing up.
4. Send the email, which has the database attached as a file (TumbleTally_DB.ttdx).
When you receive the email on your iDevice follow these steps to import it:
1. Open the message and then tap and hold the TumbleTally_DB.ttdx icon in the body of the email message.
2. In the menu that comes up, tap the “Open in TumbleTally” icon.
3. You should see a popup that says that the data was imported.
4. Go to the TumbleTally menu, then tap “My Data”.
5. You should see an item in the list labeled “Imported Data”. Tap it, then tap “Select” at the bottom of the screen. The checkmark should move to the selected item in the list.
You are now using the imported database. To go back to using your own database, tap “My Data” (the first item in the list), then tap “Select”.
You can now enter scores for the meet.
Adding additional meets will automatically use the latest selected season, so you only need to select the new season right after you add it.